Truffle Tuscan Bean Soup Recipe
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons Giorgio White Truffle Olive Oil
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 4 cups baby kale or baby spinach, stems removed if tough
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, for garnish
- Truffle Olive oil, to serve
- Extra grated Parmesan, to serve
1 Cook the vegetables: In a soup pot, heat the truffle olive oil. When it is hot, add the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, fresh oregano sprigs, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes until the vegetables look softened and the onions are turning translucent.
2 Prepare the beans: On a plate, mash 1/2 cup of the beans with a fork or potato masher. Add them to the vegetables in the pot. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3 Simmer the soup: Add the remaining beans to the pot and stir well. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, partially cover with the lid placed askew, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the liquid is flavorful.
Discard the oregano sprigs; the leaves will have fallen into the soup. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
4 Add the greens to the soup: Add the kale or spinach to the pot and simmering for another 2 minutes, or just until the greens wilt.
5 Serve the soup: Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with oregano and more truffle olive oil, if you like, and extra Parmesan for sprinkling
Giorgio Truffle Shop