Truffle Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked white rice (from about 3/4 cup raw rice)
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 5 Tbsp Giorgio Black Truffle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned (if using can, drain of excess liquid first)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
1 Cook the rice following the directions on the rice package.
2 Sauté onions and garlic: 4 tablespoons of the truffle oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute more
3 Make filling: Add the meat, cooked rice, cooked onions, tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Mix everything together with your hands or a wooden spoon, just enough so that the ingredients are all well distributed. Do not over-mix
4 Stuff the peppers: Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of truffle olive oil inside the peppers. Arrange the cut side of the peppers up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling. Combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, then spoon over filling.
6 Bake: Add 1/4 cup of water to the baking dish. Place in 350°F oven and bake for 40-50 minutes (or longer, depending on how big the peppers are that you are stuffing), until the internal temperature of the stuffed peppers is 150-160°F.
Giorgio Truffle Shop