Truffle Tomato Soup
Black Truffle Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (15-oz.) cans unsalted fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons of Giorgio Black Truffle Oil
- How to Make It:
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; sauté until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook 6 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and salt.
Place tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece from blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Cover opening with a kitchen towel (to avoid splatters); blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Place in bowl and drizzle with black truffle olive oil.
Giorgio Truffle Shop